Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Porters

This was my long-term project I did in Jackson about a family living with many health issues and below the poverty line. I spent a lot of time with them and got some images that I am really proud of. I made it into an audio slide show -- the audio was recorded properly but sounds a little rough on the web for some reason. Here's a link to the slide show and some of my favorite images from the collection.

http://www.mlive.com/citpat/slideshows/071217-poverty/
































3 comments:

Tim Hussin said...

That's a really touching story. I love the photos too, great moments and composition.

Ryan Gladstone said...

You have some great moments and interesting compositions, but it seems you shot most (all?) of the photos with the same wide angle. might want to change things up a bit in the future (and avoid the distortion)
solid work!

Marvin Halelamien said...

I like the picture of the person holding two leashes going in opposite directions. I've been a big fan of different crops lately.