Sunday, July 19, 2009

Awoken at 5:45 by the plangent shriek of birds in the tree near my window, I drew the blinds and saw pink. I was dreaming about, babies, houses, homes, the pleading eyes of an infatuated man and gardens. A text announced a friend in Florida going into labor.

Half-dressed but well rested I drove to East Hall to view the incipient day. From the steps I watched the yellow ball rise and made small talk with two pretty security guards coming off the night shift, two clumsy drunk dudes coming from a party, and two captivated vegan students walking their dog.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

steve d said...

east hall at sunrise was one of my favorite locales in kalamazoo. thanks for these...especially that moon shot, that is striking. periwinkle blue sky

wadingthroughhaze said...

Wonderful, WONDERFUL pictures.

Anonymous said...

I come here more than you may think. Miss you.